Laragai House is an extravagant private home, built in 1993 on Borana Conservancy for two English lords. The house sits in the midst of a rich and colourful garden with a collection of personal possessions and opulent interiors, incorporating fabrics imported from London, mirrors from Ireland, furniture handmade in Kenya and rugs from Rajasthan. Laragai House sleeps 16 guests making it perfect for large groups of friends or families. The house combines all the comforts of a luxurious English country home amidst the backdrop of the African bush.
The property is taken on an exclusive use basis, so no other guests will be on the property.
English and Swahill
Wildlife, Big 5, Horse-riding, Conservation, Walking, Tennis, Hiking, Relaxation and Star Gazing.
Scheduled flights fly from Nairobi Wilson airport to Lewa Downs. The Laragai guides will pick you up from Lewa Downs and it is approximately a one hour game drive to Laragai House from Lewa Downs. Our reservations team can arrange all your flights for you. Alternatively we can arrange for a private charter flight to pick you up from your preferred location and land at Borana Airstrip. The Laragai guides will collect you and its a 15 minute game drive to the lodge.
For those wishing to drive, it is approximately a 5 hour drive to Laragai House from Nairobi.
Laragai House has eight bedrooms that are split into four ‘wings’, making it one of the most perfect holiday locations for families or large groups travelling together. The eight bedrooms consist of
- Two master bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms and large open fireplaces
- Two luxurious double rooms with ensuite bathrooms
- Four twin rooms that share two bathrooms making them ideal for children. The house has a dining room, bar, drawing room, pool house, TV room and a games room allowing guest to relax wherever they feel most comfortable.
- BBQ facilities
- Business Centre
- Games Room
- Hair dryers and dressing gowns
- Phone/camera charging facilities
- Tennis Court
- TV Room
- Wheelchair Friendly
- Wifi and phone signal
Top 5 Things To Do
- Wrap up warm and go out in one of our 4×4 vehicles and experience a night game drive. Night games drives are a wonderful opportunity to spot the best of Kenya’s wildlife – perhaps a lion, leopard or buffalo, a silver backed jackal, hyena or banded mongoose.
- Stretch your legs and go for an early morning guided bush walk in the conservancy. Our experienced guides lead these walks which guests the benefit of their extensive knowledge of the land, its wildlife, flora and fauna and birds.
- Challenge your friends and family to a game of tennis on the private tennis court located in the grounds of the house
- Spend the day reading or relaxing by the infinity pool that overlooks the 32,000 acre private conservancy
- See wildlife from a very different view; have a go at stand up paddle boarding and watch wildlife, even elephants, drinking from the water. A totally unique and very fun experience.
- From $5200 for exclusive use of the house for up to six guests ($866 per guest) and $870 per extra adult per night and $580 per extra child per night (5-15 years)
- Children under five stay free of charge
- $150 per adult per night conservation fees and $75 per child
- Included in this rate is full board accommodation, local airstrip transfers, soft drinks, beers, house wines and selected spirits, laundry and wifi, game drives (night and day), guided bush walks, horse-riding and mountain biking.
- Special weekly rate of $55,000 for 12 people for 6 nights / $763 per adult per night. All of the above is included in this rate.
- Terms and conditions apply
Thank you for the most incredible Christmas imaginable. The big five, carols on Pride Rock, fabulous food and wine – and those views. We have been immersed in natural beauty and kindness. You are all wonderful.
The Chapples, December 2018
Laragai House is the perfect destination for those looking for a restful or active holiday or a combination of both. For those groups wishing to stay and enjoy the expansive grounds there is a clay tennis court, spa and wellness centre, games room, table tennis, croquet, boules and a swimming pool. For guests wishing to explore the area, guests can experience the abundance of activities that Borana Conservancy has to offer. As Laragai House is taken on exclusive use, all of the activities are tailored to the needs of the group and organised by our onsite Lodge Manager as and when you require them.