Laragai House is a family home built on Borana Conservancy, a perfect escape for a group of friends or a multi-generational family who would like to stay in an exclusive use property. The house sleeps 16 guests who are warmly welcomed by our team of highly trained staff and personally hosted. Wildlife viewings are enjoyed from horseback, open cars, on foot with rangers, or from the house itself.
Laragai’s affiliation with the Borana and Lewa wildlife conservancies provides access to the results of many years of conservation and community development.
The property is taken on an exclusive use basis, so no other guests will be on the property.
English and Swahill
Wildlife viewing including the chance to see the ‘Big 5’, rhino sanctuary for both black and white rhino, horse-riding for both experienced and beginner riders, conservation activities including tracking rhino on foot, bush walks, tennis, SUP boarding on the dam and bush dinners.
Scheduled flights fly from Nairobi Wilson airport to Lewa Downs. The Laragai guides will pick you up from Lewa Downs and it is approximately a one hour game drive to Laragai House from Lewa Downs. Our reservations team can arrange all your flights for you. Alternatively we can arrange for a private charter flight to pick you up from your preferred location and land at Borana Airstrip. The Laragai guides will collect you and its a 15 minute game drive to the lodge.
For those wishing to drive, it is approximately a 5 hour drive to Laragai House from Nairobi.
Laragai House has eight bedrooms making it one of the most perfect holiday locations for families or large groups travelling together. The eight bedrooms consist of
- Four double bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms
- Four twin rooms with ensuite bathrooms
- The house has a dining room, bar, drawing room, pool house, TV room and a games room allowing guest to relax wherever they feel most comfortable.
- All meals and drinks included
- All activities included (night and day game drives, bush walking, sundowners, horse-riding, mountain biking, SUP boarding on the dam and more.)
- Games Room – table tennis, darts and croquet
- Hair dryers and dressing gowns
- Riding stables
- Infinity swimming pool
- Private airstrip
- Mountain bikes
- Onsite masseuse
- Tennis court
- TV room
- Wifi and phone signal
Top 5 Things To Do
- Wrap up warm and go out in one of our 4×4 vehicles and experience a night game drive. Night games drives are a wonderful opportunity to spot lion, leopard, silver backed jackal, hyena or banded mongoose.
- Stretch your legs and go for an early morning guided bush walk in the conservancy. Our experienced guides will share their extensive knowledge of the land and its wildlife.
- Challenge your friends and family to a game of tennis on the private tennis court located in the grounds of the house
- Spend the day reading or relaxing by the infinity pool that overlooks the 32,000 acre private conservancy
- See wildlife from a very different view; have a go at stand up paddle boarding on the dam. A totally unique and very fun experience.
- From $5200 for exclusive use of the house for up to six guests ($866 per guest) and $870 per extra adult per night and $580 per extra child per night (5-15 years)
- Children under five stay free of charge
- $175 per adult per night conservation fees and $88 per child
- Included in this rate is full board accommodation, local airstrip transfers, soft drinks, beers, house wines and selected spirits, laundry and wifi, game drives (night and day), guided bush walks, horse-riding and mountain biking.
- Special Offer: Stay for 5 nights and pay for only 4 nights (excluding the Christmas and New Year period)
- Terms and conditions apply
Thank you for the most incredible Christmas imaginable. The big five, carols on Pride Rock, fabulous food and wine – and those views. We have been immersed in natural beauty and kindness. You are all wonderful.
The Chapples, December 2018
Laragai House is the perfect destination for those looking for a restful or active holiday or a combination of both. For those groups wishing to stay and enjoy the expansive grounds there is a clay tennis court, spa and wellness centre, games room, table tennis, croquet, boules and a swimming pool. For guests wishing to explore the area, guests can experience the abundance of activities that Borana Conservancy has to offer. As Laragai House is taken on exclusive use, all of the activities are tailored to the needs of the group and organised by our onsite Lodge Manager as and when you require them.